Crafts, music, lights and more . . .
After a quiet season last year, Christmas events are back!
And while we must still follow provincial guidelines, there’s plenty of fun to be had in the Comox Valley. Here’s a collection of outings and events that will make you feel like decking the halls in no time.
It’s not too late to find some seasonal markets. Following is a brief list of some local favourites:
- Elevate Winter Bazaar: The ninth annual bazaar happens in Downtown Courtenay at the Legion on December 3rd (4:30-9 pm) & 4th (10:30-4), 2021. A unique and delicious craft market, they even offer Friday night “dance-shopping” with cocktails!
- Black Creek Christmas Craft Fair: Head up to the Black Creek Community Centre on Saturday, December 4 from 10:00 to 4:00 and do some holiday shopping in a rustic, country setting. You’ll find some perfect gifts for your loved ones.
- Christmas Market at Crown Isle: On Sunday, December 12 from 12:00 – 8:00 pm you can find everything from stocking stuffers to one-of-a-kind handmade gifts. Featuring local vendors from the Comox Valley and beyond, the clubhouse will be festive and full of fun.
- And don’t forget that the Comox Valley Farmers’ Market runs on Saturday mornings right up to Christmas at the Native Sons Hall.
The holidays aren’t the holidays without some music, right? Fortunately, we’re able to get together and sing this year, so make sure to check out these faves. Look online for information about tickets and protocols.
- Just in Time Choirs: The Saturday, December 4th matinee and evening shows will have you rockin’ to hits from the 80s at the Comox Pentecostal Church. Not exactly Christmassy but fun, nonetheless.
- Comox Valley Concert Band: Another item for December 4th! Check out the annual show featuring music from different eras and around the world, plus favourite holiday standards. The music starts at 2:00 pm at the Florence Filberg Centre in Courtenay.
- Home for the Holidays: New York singer and actor James Rich will be taking on the persona of Nat King Cole in this two-hour show at the Sid Williams Theatre on December 11.
- Celebration Singers Choirs: The always-popular shows are back again this December 17 & 18 at St. George’s United. Get your tickets early as these concerts always sell out.
If you have some extra time, bundle up the family and trek off to enjoy these local events at your own pace.
- Holiday Resort Walk: Head up to the Clubhouse and have a walk around Crown Isle while enjoying thousands of lights, visits with Santa, s’mores and more. Then head inside to have a look at the Gingerbread Village. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
- Kingfisher Winter Light Display: This will be the third annual for “Serenity Gardens.” Hundreds of thousands of lights make for a magical setting.
- Night Skiing at Mt. Washington: Weather permitting, you can hit the slopes after dark nightly from December 17 through to January 2.
No matter where you go or what you do, have a safe, enjoyable and relaxing holiday season!